how to format a report cover page
Don’t want to cite by hand?
Search and cite automatically with EasyBib!
APA Paper Formatting
APA Paper Formatting & Style Guidelines
Your teacher may want you to format your paper using APA guidelines. If you were told to create your citations in APA format, your paper should be formatted using the APA guidelines as well.
- Use white 8 ½ x 11” paper.
- Make 1 inch margins on the top, bottom, and sides
- The first word in every paragraph should be indented one half inch.
- APA recommends using Times New Roman font, size 12.
- Double space the entire research paper
- Include a page header known as the “running head” at the top of every page. (To make this process easier, set your word processor to automatically add these components onto each page)
- To create the running head/page header, insert page numbers justified to the right-hand side of the paper (do not put p. or pg. in front of page numbers)
- Then type “TITLE OF YOUR PAPER” justified to the left using all capital letters
- If your title is long, this running head title should be a shortened version of the title of your entire paper
Sample running head/page header
APA Paper Components
Your essay should include these four major sections:
- Title Page
- Main Body
This page should contain four pieces: the title of the paper, running head, the author’s name, institutional affiliation, and an author’s note. Create the page header/running head as described above.
*Please note that only on the title page, your page header/running head should include the words “Running Head” before your title in all capitals. The rest of the pages should not include this in the page header. It should look like this on the title page:
- The title of the paper should capture the main idea of the essay but should not contain abbreviations or words that serve no purpose
- It should be centered on the page and typed in 12-point Times New Roman font. Do not underline, bold, or italicize the title.
- Your title may take up one or two lines, but should not be more than 12 words in length.
- All text on the title page should be double-spaced in the same way as the rest of your essay
- Do not include any titles on the author’s name such as Dr. or Ms.
- The institutional affiliation is the location where the author conducted the research
Sample Title page:
On the following page, begin with the Running title.
- On the first line of the page, center the word “Abstract” (but do not include quotation marks).
- On the following line, write a summary of the key points of your research. Your abstract summary is a way to introduce readers to your research topic, the questions that will be answered, the process you took, and any findings or conclusions you drew.
- This summary should not be indented, but should be double-spaced and less than 250 words.
- If applicable, help researchers find your work in databases by listing keywords from your paper after your summary. To do this, indent and type Keywords: in italics. Then list your keywords that stand out in your research.
Sample Abstract page:
On the following page, begin with the Body of the paper.
- Start with the Running title
- On the next line write the title (do not bold, underline, or italicize the title)
- Begin with the introduction. Indent.
- The introduction presents the problem and premise upon which the research was based. It goes into more detail about this problem than the abstract.
- Begin a new section with the Method. Bold and center this subtitle The Method section shows how the study was run and conducted. Be sure to describe the methods through which data was collected.
- Begin a new section with the Results. Bold and center this subtitle. The Results section summarizes the data. Use graphs and graphs to display this data.
- Begin a new section with the Discussion. Bold and center this subtitle. This Discussion section is a chance to analyze and interpret your results.
- Draw conclusions and support how your data led to these conclusions.
- Discuss whether or not your hypothesis was confirmed or not supported by your results.
- Determine the limitations of the study and next steps to improve research for future studies.
** Throughout the body, in-text citations are used and include the author’s/authors’ name(s) and the publication year. In APA format page numbers are not used in in-text citations.
Ex: (Wilkonson, 2009).
For more information about how to cite properly please see EasyBib’s guides for APA citations based on the sources you are using.
Sample Body page:
On a new page, write your references.
- Begin with a running title
- Center and bold the title “References” (do not include quotation marks, underline, or italicize this title)
- Alphabetize and Double-space all entries
- Every article/source mentioned in the paper and used in your study should be referenced and have an entry.
Sample Reference Page:
Popular Citation Guides
- MLA In Text Citation Parenthetical Guide
- How to Cite a Website in APA Format
- How to Cite a Website in MLA Format
- Footnotes in Chicago Citation Format
- How to Cite a Book in APA
- How to Cite a Journal Article in APA
Recent Blog Posts
- 6 Interesting Citation Facts
- A Color Coded Guide to the Eight Buffalo Sentence
- Feature Highlight: EasyBib Chrome Extension
- Video Lesson: Facts, Opinions Reasoned Judgments
- Teaching Writing: When to Quote, Paraphrase, or Summarize
- About Us
- Chegg Inc.
- StudyBreak Media
- Contact Us
- EasyBib Plus
- Citation Guides
- IOS App
- Android App
- Follow Us
- Cookie Notice
Cover Sheet – 13+ Free Word, PDF Documents Download! Free …
Financial Report Template – 10+ Free Word, PDF Documents …
Medical Report Template – 9 Free Word, PDF Documents Download …
Lab Report Template – 11+ Free Word, PDF Documents Download …
- Report Templates
Report Cover Templates – 5 Free Word Documents Download
When you a submit any report material in hard copy the first page, also known as cover page, is what sets the tone for the reader to view what’s on the inside. A good cover page goes a long way in making a positive impression. Be it a school or official project report, the cover page is a significant element. If you don’t know how to design one on your own, let our collection of free, customizable cover page templates assist you.You can also see and project closure template .
Free Report Cover Template
Free Download Report Cover Template
Blank Report Cover Template
Sample Report Cover Template
Download Report Cover Template
These templates come up with a standard structure of a report cover for any project. There are many sites that offer these templates in several variations and you can even download them free of cost. The sample report cover templates relieve you from the burden of creating a full report cover right from scratch.
These are like ready-made cover pages to be attached to your report, filled up with the needed information. A lot of team leaders, today take to the report cover template examples when they have no time to think about report covers. The great bit is that these templates are easily customizable and hence you will be able to modify them easily according to your needs.
You may also like
12+ Cover Page Templates – Free Sample, Example Format …
Report Template – 15+ Free Word, PDF Documents Download …
Cover Page Template – 8+ Free Word, PDF, PSD Documents …
6+ Report Covers – Free PSD, Vector EPS Format Download Free …
13+ Board Report Templates – Free Sample, Example Format …
Audit Report Template – 11+ Free Word, PDF Documents Download …
Handover Report Template – 15+ Free Word, PDF Documents …
5+ Corrective Action Report Templates – Free Word, PDF …
You may also like
Cover Template – 14+ Free Word, PDF, PSD Documents Download …
Cover Page Template Word – 9+ Free Word Documents Download …
Cover Page Template Word – 9+ Free Word Documents Download …
8+ Project Report Templates – Free PDF, Word Documents …
Annual Report Template – 5 Free Word, PDF Documents Download …
14+ Project Report Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format …
Cover Sheet Templates – 15+ Free Word, PDF Documents …
10+ Technical Report Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format …
Lab Report Template – 10+ Free Word, PDF Documents Download …
Sales Report Template – 15+ Free Word, Excel, PDF Format …
Progress Report Template – 12+ Free Word, PDF Documents …
14+ Internal Audit Report Templates – Free Sample, Example …
Read More Articles about
Business Report Templates