gcse summer courses london
- Privacy Notice
- Contact Us
- Translation Introduction
- Chinese (Traditional) – 繁體中文
- Chinese (Simplified) – 简体中文
- Japanese – 日本語
- Russian – русский
- Spanish – Español
- Thai – ไทย
- About Us
- Our Courses
- Our Students
- School Life
- What’s New
- 11-13 year olds (pre-GCSE / pre-IGCSE)
- GCSE and IGCSE Courses
- Pre-Sixth Form Course
- Summer School Courses
- Intensive English Summer School Course (plus subjects)
- IGCSE or GCSE Preparation Summer Course
- A level or IB Preparation Summer School Course
- Summer school photos and videos (2018)
- Summer school videos (2018)
- Summer school photos – It’s a Knockout!
- Summer school photos – classroom
- Summer school photos – evening activities
- Summer school photos – excursions
- Summer school photos – sports
- Summer courses – photos from previous years
- Easter Revision Courses
- Intensive English Easter Revision Course (plus subjects)
- Intensive GCSE / IGCSE Easter Revision Course
- Register your interest in our courses
IGCSE or GCSE Preparation Summer Course
Our IGCSE or GCSE Preparation Summer Course gives international students starting (or thinking about starting) IGCSE or GCSE courses the support they need to acquire skills vital to success.
Key points about this summer course
- Perfect preparation for school term GCSE / IGCSE courses at Sherborne International or other schools
- For students aged 8-17
- Very small class sizes (5 – 8 students)
- 30 lessons per week: 22hr 30m
- Six lessons in each of four chosen subjects plus six lessons of drama
- Essential study skills
- Experience of practical science
- Optional additional individual tuition classes available
- Full programme of sports, afternoon and evening activities
- Two excursions a week (including study trips on alternate Wednesdays for those staying more than two weeks)
- For students with CEFR level B1 and above
Students on our IGCSE or GCSE Preparation Summer Course can choose four subjects from: biology, chemistry, physics, maths, history, English and English literature.
Lessons give an introduction to the kinds of content and skills each subject will need at IGCSE / GCSE level. For example, in science, students do experiments and learn how to describe what they did and explain the conclusions they reached in the same way as they would on our one and two-year GCSE / IGCSE course .
In history, students look at evidence and how to examine sources and write up and explain their findings – skills that are important irrespective of the actual period to be studied.
Throughout, students develop their use of the English language appropriate for studying and for life in a boarding school and the UK generally while socialising with others of many different nationalities. Students learn to analyse texts, develop research skills and present conclusions and results orally, in debates or in written form. Drama lessons help increase confidence in speaking and performing.
Students can come for the whole eight weeks or for 2, 3, 4, or 6 weeks. For a thorough preparation, we recommend as much time as possible. You can study the same four subjects for the whole time, or choose different subjects in different two-week sections.
IGCSE / GCSE Preparation – Dates
There is now very limited availability on our 2018 IGCSE / GCSE Preparation Summer Course and some weeks are completely full:
4 July (for 2 weeks) – completely full 18 July (for 2 weeks) – completely full 1 August (for 2, 3 or 4 weeks) – completely full
- 15 August (for 2 weeks) – places available – register your interest now!
The last two weeks (15-29 August) are ideal preparation for students placed in British Boarding Schools from September, helping students feel more confident and prepared.
IGCSE or GCSE Preparation – Fees
- £1345 per week – including boarding house accommodation , all meals , sports and excursions
- Airport Transfer Service from Heathrow and Gatwick: £100 per student each way
- Summer school photos and videos from our 2018 courses
- Slideshow video with photos and quotes from previous summer schools
- Photo gallery from previous summer schools
- Summer 2018 Brochure (PDF)
- Blog post – Spend your holidays at an English summer school? You must be crazy …
View 2018 summer school photos and videos
HillCrest Revision Courses
- P: 07901791527
- Easter Revision
- May Day Weekend Revision
- May/June Half Term Revision
- IGCSE/GCSE Preparatory Summer School
- October Half Term Revision
- Christmas Revision
- February Half Term Revision
- Text Message Service
- Saturday Revision
- Residential Courses
- Common Entrance & 11+ Revision
- IGCSE/GCSE Summer Maths Skype Blitz
- Skype Revision
- Paper Marking Service
- Revision Centres
- GCSE/IGCSE Saturday Maths/English
- Consultancy & Training
- Terms and Conditions
- Course Prices
- Transfer Fees
- Where to stay in Canterbury
- New GCSE
GCSE, IGCSE, AS, A2, IB, 11-plus & Common Entrance Revision. London, Brighton, Canterbury, Malaysia, Dubai
HillCrest Revision Courses run holiday intensive examination revision courses for GCSE, IGCSE, A-Level, IB, Common Entrance and 11-plus students. Our courses are based at
schools in London, Canterbury, Brighton, Birmingham, Nottingham and Mickleham in Surrey (residential)
We run revision workshops and training, support and consultancy services in Malaysia and Dubai.
We have Saturday 11-plus/Common Entrance/GCSE/IGCSE/AS/A2/IB tuition at London & Canterbury.
We offer the following services:
- IGCSE, GCSE, A-Levels & IB Revision: Intensive revision courses with emphasis on examination
and revision technique.
Common Entrance: We prepare students for entrance and scholarship exams to schools including Eton, Harrow, Westminster, City
of London, St Paul’s, Winchester and Tonbridge
11-Plus : In addition to holiday courses, we run Saturday and Summer revision to prepare students for the 11-plus
International Tutors:We provide private tutors to families around the world and help international students gain entry to top British schools and universities.
Oxbridge & University Applications including preparation of personal statements and interviews.
School Tuition, Training & Consultancy Services .
We work with schools and parents providing extra tuition for students especially those with C/D predicted grades in Maths, English and Sciences. We also advise parents on educational
options and choices in the UK and abroad. We offer training packages for teachers.
– 1 to 1 homeschooling and revision.
Online tutoring including Skype to all parts of the world.
Paper Marking Service : Students complete past papers or other assessments we send them under exam conditions and return to
us for marking and comments.
Subject Texting Service: A Text Message subscription service. We send regular subject texts to help with recall and memory.
Growth Mindset Training
Financial Education for children
We consistently achieve over 95% Excellent/Very Good rating from our students most of whom return for further courses. Read some testimonials.
It is now more important than ever that students achieve good GCSE/IGCSE and A-Level grades.There is fierce competition for university places with admission requirements getting more
demanding each year. Grade boundaries are being tightened to make the exams tougher and the introduction of the new linear GCSE will bring further challenges. The
importance of securing the highest possible grades cannot be emphasised too much. An investment in a revision course will be most rewarding.
We offer intensive and structured revision courses run by highly experienced and enthusiastic tutors most in mainstream education from the local schools and colleges many of whom are external
- Our flexible 1-2-3 Plan allows students to revise a subject over 1, 2 or 3 days.
Students work together in small focused informal classes away from the tempting distractions of home life.
The small groups allow the courses to be pupil-centred so that the specific needs and areas of concern of each student are addressed. They are able to practice with past papers from their own
The interactive nature of the courses is stimulating for the students as they work together in small groups and share ideas, unified by the desire to excel.
Our tutors are conversant with all the examination boards and will focus on the core topic areas of the National Curriculum which are covered by all the syllabuses.
Aims of the Courses
Consolidate knowledge and fill any gaps.
Improve and refine examination technique.
Improve on revision and study skills.
Tackle individual problem areas.
Boost confidence and help students achieve or improve their predicted grades.
October Half Term Revision
February Half Term Revision
May Day Weekend Revision
May Half Term Revision
How to Book a HillCrest Revision Course
Places are limited and offered on a first come,
first served basis. Early application is advised. To register, fill out the online application form .
For more information call on 0790 179 15270790 179 1527 or
email [email protected]
Summer IGCSE/GCSE Revision
Subject Text Message Service (£2 per month) – Introductory Offer
Paper Marking Service
Saturday 11+ GCSE/IGCSE/AS/A2/IB Revision Canterbury /London
Simon Langton Grammar School For Boys Canterbury
Brighton & Hove High School, Brighton
Lady Margaret School, Parsons Green, London SW6 4UN
Tech City College
263-269 City Road
London EC1V 1JX
Lordswood Girls’ School,
The Becket School, The Becket Way, Wilford Lane, West Bridgford, Nottingham NG2 7QY
Residential Revision Courses
Box Hill School
Surrey RH5 6EA
Recommend this page
© HillCrest Revision Courses Ltd 2012-2017
Web View Mobile View